The Center for Applied Psychology is the main research arm of the Department of Psychology at the University of Bucharest.
What we do
The Center conducts world class research on the applications of psychology to human behavior, including cutting edge efforts on Artificial Intelligence.
Some of the past projects include:
- Bucharest Early Intervention Project - Development & Follow-up, in partnership with Tulane Foundation, Harvard Children's Hospital Boston and Tulane University Health Center, University of Maryland.
- Education and research in early Chihood Development (ECED), in partnership with Tulane Foundation, Tulane, Harvard Children's Hospital Boston, Tulane University Health Center, University of Maryland.
- Collaboration project in computerized psychological evaluations, in partnership with Schuhfried GmbH.
Our team consist of faculty members at the Department of Psychology at the University of Bucharest, including graduate students, as well as outside collaborators and international experts.
The University of Bucharest is one of the oldest universities in Romania. The Department of Psychology at the University of Bucharest has the largest faculty body in the entire university and is recognized for its excellence in teaching and research.
- 1864 - The University of Bucharest is founded by a decree of Prince Alexandru Ioan Cuza.
- 2001 - Center for Applied Psychology is created, within the Department of Psychology.
- 2006 - The Center for Applied Psychology is reaccredited by the University of Bucharest, via decision number 2397/16.11.2006.
- 2018 - The Center's structure is greatly revamped, aligning it to international standards. The Center becomes the main research arm of the Department of Psychology at the University of Bucharest.
- 2001 - present. The Center is involved in numerous research activities and partnerships with domestic and foreign research entities.
Mission of the Center
To conduct advanced psychological research aimed at bettering people's lives.
To determine the best ways of integrating advanced technologies in the sciences of human behavior.
To find solutions to problems that affect well-being and quality of life.